Bleach: New Beginnings
Welcome to New Beginnings. Don't forget to bookmark us before you leave!
Welcome to New Beginnings. Don't forget to bookmark us before you leave!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Thank you for being a faithful member.
But sadly we have decided to move out site else where and this will bring you there. Please wait 5 seconds.

You will be redirected to the New forums in

seconds

OR

Click here to go to the New forums Now!

Staff
Admins

Co-Admins

Global Moderators

Graphics Moderator

Affiliates
Important Links
Rules
Character Templates
Character Help
Character Creation
Storyline
Event
Latest topics
» Well Hello...
Disambiguation: God-Moding EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 2:24 pm by Rebecca Seitz

» Gouki Hahashi
Disambiguation: God-Moding EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 5:55 pm by Darque

» Where she walks the detentions follow.(Open)
Disambiguation: God-Moding EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 2:28 am by Alexander Cristo

» Alexander Cristo
Disambiguation: God-Moding EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 10:43 pm by Kenta Takeshi

» Kisuke Urahara
Disambiguation: God-Moding EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 2:35 pm by Kenta Takeshi

» Roiben Yuuko, Shinigami [complete]
Disambiguation: God-Moding EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 2:22 pm by Kenta Takeshi

» Gotei Hierarchy
Disambiguation: God-Moding EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 11:04 pm by Takehiko Yuudai

» Shunsui Kyōraku
Disambiguation: God-Moding EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 1:36 pm by Kenta Takeshi

» Nanao Ise
Disambiguation: God-Moding EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 7:19 pm by Kenta Takeshi

» Sharu Kitsugi
Disambiguation: God-Moding EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 7:15 pm by Kenta Takeshi

» Depressing News
Disambiguation: God-Moding EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 3:48 am by Alexander Cristo

» Mayuri Kurotsuchi (Finished)
Disambiguation: God-Moding EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 2:56 am by Ayumu

» Nanashi
Disambiguation: God-Moding EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 2:53 am by Ayumu

» Akira Tanaka
Disambiguation: God-Moding EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 1:26 am by selkie14

» Yukio Kuroi
Disambiguation: God-Moding EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 1:25 am by selkie14

» Kishimasuku Hierarchy
Disambiguation: God-Moding EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 1:19 am by Ayumu

» Vote for us!
Disambiguation: God-Moding EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 12:58 pm by Alexander Cristo

» The Fallen Hierarchy
Disambiguation: God-Moding EmptyMon May 31, 2010 5:30 pm by Kenta Takeshi

» Eneugi Tensai
Disambiguation: God-Moding EmptyMon May 31, 2010 1:41 pm by Kenta Takeshi

» Takehiko Yuudai
Disambiguation: God-Moding EmptyMon May 31, 2010 3:12 am by Alexander Cristo

Hierarchies
Gotei Hierarchy

Onmitsukido

Caido Siete/Arrancar

Kami no Shokei/Evil Vaizards

Kishimasuki/
Good Vaizards

Top posters
Kenta Takeshi
Disambiguation: God-Moding Vote_lcapDisambiguation: God-Moding Voting_barDisambiguation: God-Moding Vote_rcap 
Alexander Cristo
Disambiguation: God-Moding Vote_lcapDisambiguation: God-Moding Voting_barDisambiguation: God-Moding Vote_rcap 
Ayumu
Roiben Yuuko
Rogue
selkie14
Enerugi
Hiro Arjan
Sharu
Takehiko Yuudai
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Disambiguation: God-Moding

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kenta Takeshi
Admin
Admin
Kenta Takeshi

Disambiguation: God-Moding Empty
PostSubject: Disambiguation: God-Moding   Disambiguation: God-Moding EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 4:22 pm

Only the first two really apply to here, but it really never hurts to hit all the bases.

We all have an idea as to what the term means, and we all know that we should "Just Say 'No' to God-Moding."

But what exactly constitutes God Moding? An old acquaintance of mine actually broke it down for me when I first started RP-ing way back when Pluto was still a Planet. Most of this was written by him with just a couple modifications by me for this site.

1) Deific Moding
2) Skill Moding
3) Diplomatic Moding
4) MMPR Moding
5) Speed Moding

Time to define:
Deific Moding
Deific Moding is what we’re all most familiar with. Basically, one person says “BWAHAHAHAHA, I CAN DO WHATEVERS I WANTSES TO DO, MY PRECIOUS!”

While it’s rarely that annoying, it comes in various forms, more or less subtle - such as poorly defined abilities and/or backgrounds that leave much open to interpretation. So things such as "great power in X" or poorly defined upgrades, and whatnot can turn out to be a potentilly awkward situation all around. It’s still bad and grounds for corrective measures Evil or Very Mad . We have had no real problems with this here at Remnant Souls, but it never hurts to reiterate the point proactively.

Skill Moding
Skill Moding is where you have a person who is already highly experienced and skilled expecting to get around a situation - just because they’re highly skilled. Now before I go any farther, I’ll confess. I’ve done this before - way back when Pluto was still a planet.

Yes, it’s true.

Now what does Skill Moding look like? Well, some theoretical examples:

“Captain of X division Shyunpo’s past the Gate Guardians to their blind sides and rips their kneecaps out with his bare hands!
But the gate is locked? Ohnoes! Fortunately, the Captain can pick locks! Zomg, we’re through! But what’s this, a broken bridge? I’ll just tear a chunk out of the stone wall with my Bankai and throw it across the opening!”

Again, rarely this obvious. But you get the idea. Highly skilled and intelligent characters can still get stymied by certain problems, issues, or obstacles - that's what makes RP fun and interesting. What works should be left to whoever’s designed the scenario and your partner(s). This rule also applies to them on the receiving end of your own skills - you as an RPer cannot block everything your RP partner or NPC throws at you.

And again, not a real problem at here, but it never hurts to cover the bases. Knowing about this method of God Moding helped me out in how to define my characters' abilities and backgrounds. As those body-builders in those whacked out to-good-to-be-true fitness/weight loss info-mercials say: "If it worked for me, it'll work for you..."

Except this time it's actually true.

Dimplomatic Moding
A Diplomatic Moder really doesn't necessarily fit in Remnant Souls, but I include it for the sake of completeness. This is mainly for people in RPGs with skill sets, power ladders and stuff like that (DnD/d20, Palladium, Exalted, ect) where there’s a skill that simply lets you talk people down... And a person does that all the time. It’s very annoying, but can’t happen much here. This can overlap with Skills Moding in chat RP in that a character may talk down another player and includes that their partner shrank away from them when the partner-character had no reason/intention to do so.

Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers Moding
Fourthly, there’s Mighty Morphin’ Power Ranger’s Moding. This is also sometimes called Team-Moding. It occurs when one or two players have a group of perhaps three to five characters (total, not each) that are completely balanced by themselves. BUT, they are almost always together/within easy access of each other/intuitively know when their friends are in danger, and can always rally to meet any threat, resulting in a ridiculously overpowered group that cannot be harmed.

Now I don’t like to pick on the twins or the girl and her dog, but they’re the most obvious examples. It’s true. It's necessary to be careful with groups like this (this is one of the reasons I try to have my own characters avoid each other as much as possible). Try not to always place your character with the characters they already work best with. Real life is almost never like that, and it shouldn’t be like that in RP, either. Now I’m not saying you shouldn’t role play with the other players you like to role play with… but try to strike out on your own and be independent, too. =P

Speed Moding
Speed Moders are most highly observed in Chat RPGs, especially Ayanee (if you don’t know what it is, don’t worry. You’re better off not knowing.) Basically, these people just out-talk the other players. They dictate their own actions so fast the rest don’t have time to respond.

Most speed moders rule unregulated chat games where there’s only a general code of conduct, and no real moderators. However, even though we have a top notch moderating staff, it is possible that Remnant Souls has its own equivalent.

People, I know it’s boring to wait for other people to show up and post. But it’s even more annoying to have one person be able to travel half-way across the scene, sit down, eat a sandwich, read the paper, cast a spell or two, hold a deep philosophical discussion on the meaning of life, love, happiness, fish and the number 42, in the same amount of time it takes another person swing their sword. Show a little consideration for your fellow players and temporal mechanics, and hold back on the posting a little. I understand there’s a time to push on, but it’s often later than most think. Wait around a little, huh? Especially if it’s the moderator running a thread who hasn’t posted yet.
Back to top Go down
https://bleach365.rpg-board.net

Disambiguation: God-Moding
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bleach: New Beginnings :: Character Design :: Character Creation :: Character Creation Help-
Jump to: